Thursday, September 2, 2010

Cradle Mountain, Tasmania, 9 Sept 2002

I spy, I spy something down there Do you see what I see?

When I caught a fleeting glimpse of what I suspected - I was not too sure if it was true cos' my techo brain said otherwise.

But as we descended from the mountain to cross the bridge (I think this should be the Ford River) what I suspected was actually true - a beautiful rainbow over the river. Do you see it?

This rainbow was kinda unusual; it is very low and also the time was about mid noon. That's whyI didn't quite trust my eyes when I first saw it cos' my technical physics brain told me the objective data - that usually rainbows are formed during early morning or evening and in high places - not low places.

This rainbow was formed by the spray of the river water. That's why it could be so low since it didn't depend on raindrops - which was also why it could be formed even at about mid noon.

I snapped this picture in excitement. I was absolutely delighted when the rainbow showed clearly in the picture! Each time I look at this picture, it reminds me - it is wiser to trust my eyes , my heart and my gut feelings and not my techo brain. And it also reminds me that God can esaily re-arrange the time ( from evening to noon) and position ( high place to low place) as He wish and I was simply privileged to catch Him being sovereign!

No comments:

Post a Comment